Police Chief – Commerce, Georgia Post until: July 3, 2015
The City of Commerce, Georgia is recruiting an experienced law enforcement administrator with exceptional leadership, management and interpersonal skills to move the Commerce Police Department forward. The City is located in Jackson County and along I-85 and SR 441. Commerce is centrally located between Atlanta, North Georgia Mountains, and Athens with a population of approximately 6,500. The current Chief is retiring after 13 years of dedicated service.
The Police Chief is appointed by and reports to the City Manager. The department has 21 sworn officers, 5 non-sworn staff, part time auxiliary officers, one animal control officer and an annual operating budget of $2.1 million dollars. For more information, visit the City’s website at www.commercega.org
The successful candidate must possess modern management skills as well as proven integrity in working with members of both the community and police department. The Chief must also have proven experience in implementing proactive policies and be committed to professional development and community engagement. The candidate will have a demonstrated history of successful partnerships with other municipalities, law enforcement agencies and other public safety agencies in addition to community policing skills and drug enforcement interdiction.
Candidates must meet the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related area from an accredited college or university
- Three years of police management/administration experience. A combination of equivalent education, training or experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain valid Georgia P.O.S.T. Peace Officer certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record
Salary Range: $57,000 - $65,000.
In addition, a competitive benefits package is included (health insurance, dental, retirement, sick and vacation time, uniform allowance, take home vehicle, etc.)
As a condition of employment, applicants should be prepared for a background check that will include a physical exam with drug screening, in-depth background investigation, fingerprint/criminal history check via GCIC, driver’s license check via DMVS, credit history check and a complete POST review. Other items may include a polygraph exam, a psychological exam.
This positon is considered open until filled; first review of resumes will be on July 3, 2015 with an anticipated start date in September/October.
Resumes, with cover letter including reason for interest in position will be submitted to:
Pete Pyrzenski, City Manager
City of Commerce
27 Sycamore St.
P.O. Box 348
Commerce, Georgia 30529
City of Morrow - Chief of Police
Posted until: 06/05/2015
This is a high-level, exempt position responsible for directing, supervising and planning 24/7 operations of the Police Department. The City of Morrow is a heavy commercialized area (shopping, Clayton State University, National Archives, nature preserve, parks, and more) located south of Atlanta Hartsville International airport, with approximately 6,500 residents.
Interested candidates should log on to the City of Morrow website at www.cityofmorrow.com, click on the careers page and complete an on-line application. In addition, a resume and cover letter should be mailed to Human Resources, 1500 Morrow Road, Morrow, GA 30260. Starting salary is determined based on experience and city budget, and is set by Mayor/Council. The City of Morrow does not participate in social security and offers a full benefit package with both cost share and city paid benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major course work in police science, police administration law enforcement, management, or related disciplines. Master’s degree preferred.
- Graduate of nationally recognized law enforcement training program (FBINA, SPI,
Command College. Etc..).
- Twelve (12) years in police service and eight (8) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Completion of police training and education as required by Georgia P.O.S.T. & all applicable laws.
- A valid Georgia Driver’s License
- Successful completion of all background investigations.
- Motor Vehicle Report which meets City guidelines.
A full job description may be viewed from the careers page of the City of Morrow website.
The City of Morrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chief of Police – Peachtree City
Post Until: May 15, 2015
The City of Peachtree City, a master-planned city of 35,000 in the south Metro Atlanta area of Fayette County, is seeking an experienced individual to become the City’s new Chief of Police.
The 24 square mile City is a full service community with an annual combined budget of $30 million with approximately 300 employees. The Police Department has a total of approximately 70 employees. The department has a national reputation, has won numerous awards, and is CALEA certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in police management required.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of police administration; local ordinances and relevant state and federal laws; and the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other standard and specialized equipment.
- Leadership and motivational skills, along with strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- Ability to interact with the citizens in a professional and positive manner.
- Competent computer skills.
The City offers a generous benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
For a complete job description, please visit the City’s website at www.peachtree-city.org/jobs.aspx
Please forward application, cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
City of Peachtree City
Attn: Human Resources
151 Willowbend Road
Peachtree City, GA 30269