Chief of Police – Peachtree City
Post Until: May 15, 2015
The City of Peachtree City, a master-planned city of 35,000 in the south Metro Atlanta area of Fayette County, is seeking an experienced individual to become the City’s new Chief of Police.
The 24 square mile City is a full service community with an annual combined budget of $30 million with approximately 300 employees. The Police Department has a total of approximately 70 employees. The department has a national reputation, has won numerous awards, and is CALEA certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in police management required.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of police administration; local ordinances and relevant state and federal laws; and the criminal justice system.
- Knowledge of budgeting procedures.
- Skill in the use of firearms and other standard and specialized equipment.
- Leadership and motivational skills, along with strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
- Ability to interact with the citizens in a professional and positive manner.
- Competent computer skills.
The City offers a generous benefits package and a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
For a complete job description, please visit the City’s website at www.peachtree-city.org/jobs.aspx
Please forward application, cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
City of Peachtree City
Attn: Human Resources
151 Willowbend Road
Peachtree City, GA 30269