This award is designed to recognize the outstanding service by a full-time, administrative assistant who brings great credit to their department, community, or the State.
Factors for Consideration May Include:
- Professionally supports the chief and department through effective problem-solving, sound judgment, and maintaining confidentiality of information
- Continuously performs difficult tasks and solves challenging problems day after day with their resourcefulness and relentless perseverance
- By interacting professionally and tactfully with others, consistently exhibits a positive, optimistic outlook to achieve results above and beyond expectations
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and willingness to learn new approaches to effectively achieve organizational goals and make use of time and other resources
- Engages in and models professional growth to improve their productivity as well as those of the chief and their staff
Eligibility: To be eligible for this award, the nominee must be a full-time administrative/secretary who reports directly to a municipal, county, campus (K-12), or college/university police chief, state law enforcement agency head, or district attorney/solicitor’s chief investigator. The performance being recognized must have occurred within the previous 12 months. The administrative assistant being recognized must not have any disciplinary actions within the previous 12 months.
Nominations: Candidate’s names must be submitted to the GACP Office by April 28, 2021. Candidates’ packages will be distributed the GACP District Representatives. One candidate will be recognized from each of the (11) GACP Districts which submitted an application. From these semi-finalists, one candidate will be chosen by the Executive Board to receive the GACP Administrative Assistant of the Year Award.
Nominations should include supporting documentation that may include video recordings, internal memorandums, letters from outside sources, media reports.
When submitting an application for the GACP Administrative Assistant of the Year Award, the electronic nomination package should include:
- A cover letter from the agency head endorsing the application and attesting to the accuracy of the supporting documentation (addressed to GACP Executive Director, A. A. “Butch” Ayers)
- A narrative outlining the individual’s service/achievement and the results of their efforts
- Materials should be combined into one (1) electronic document in Microsoft Word or PDF format (Maximum of five (5) pages total)
Presentations: Awards for the 11 semi-finalists and the GACP Administrative Assistant of the Year will be presented to recipients at the Annual Administrative Assistants Conference.
Persons with questions regarding award applications should not hesitate to contact Assistant Executive Director Dwayne Orrick at 770-495-9650.