830 Green St.
The Law Enforcement Risk Specialist (LERS) training is designed to provide key risk management leadership concepts focused on mitigating departmental losses. GMA, ACCG, and LGRMS are sponsoring this program to assist law enforcement agencies in identifying risks associated with the day-to-day operations of their agency. The LERS training and certification familiarizes the LE risk specialist in each agency with the information needed to alert and support leadership before, during, and after a potential liability or officer injury event. Looking at the events facing our law enforcement agencies locally and nationally, it is critical for agency leadership to recognize, prioritize, and manage circumstances that have the potential to escalate into a significant loss. The LERS works for the head of agency as either a primary or an additional duty position, serves as point of contact, and coordinates activity with the Public Safety Risk Consultants and Loss Control Field Representatives from LGRMS.
Who Should be Appointed or designated as the Agency LERS?
- Chiefs, Sheriffs, Command Staff, and/or Trusted Leaders
- Ability to Make Operational Decisions
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborates Well Across Organization
- Communicates Well
- Follows Instructions
- Good Performance Reviews
- Experienced Law Enforcement Officer Well-Versed in the Goals and Operations of Their Agency
- Knowledge of Local Issues and Community Structure
- Recognizes the Need for Confidentiality
What Will be Covered?
- Recognize, prioritize, and manage/mitigate risks
- Benefits of proactive risk management plan
- Decreasing liability, increase defensibility, and professionalism
- Enhance current processes and programs
- Evaluation, review, and revision of key risk concepts
- Integration of risk management principles and theories into daily operations
- Identify risks, frequency of exposure to risks, and the severity of losses
- Explore methods to tackle exposure of identified risks
- Discuss benefits policy, training, and supervision
- Apply appropriate risk management concept to departmental exposure
- Create a department specific system to continuously evaluate and mitigate risks
Available for 6 executive POST hours