104 Marietta St. NW Suite 100 Atlanta
Please Note: This training has been approved for 7 hours of Executive Level Credits.
From the Office of Attorney General Chris Carr:
Name: Opioid Misuse Enforcement Training
Date: May 30, 2018
Training Overview: Through a partnership with the National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute, the Office of Attorney General Chris Carr is offering an Opioid Misuse Enforcement Training, designed to equip our law enforcement and prosecutors with the information and tools they need to more effectively fight the opioid epidemic in Georgia.
The course will provide an overview of issues relating to prescription opioids. Topics to be covered include:
• State of Opioid Crisis in Georgia – Attorney General Carr
• Investigating Opioid Overdoses as Homicides – Detective from Daton, Ohio
• Department of Justice Opioid Initiatives Update – Assistant USA Northern District of Georgia
• Unintended Consequences of the Opioid Epidemic – Assistant Attorney General Massachusetts
• Medically Assisted Treatment – Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities
• Addiction Studies – Center for Young Adult Addiction and Recovery at Kennesaw State University
The course will be held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the State Bar of Georgia in their Auditorium. To note, refreshments and lunch will not be provided. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m., and we will start the program promptly at 9:00 a.m. Attorney General Carr will provide welcome remarks.
This training is being provided at no cost by the Georgia Office of the Attorney General through arrangements with the National Attorneys General Training and Research Institute (NAGTRI), the training and research arm of the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the training.