Assistant Chief of Police
Hiring Range: $80,588 - $130,774/Year D.O.Q.
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The City of Fayetteville, NC is currently recruiting for an Assistant Police Chief to supervise, plan and coordinate the activities and operations and to monitor and control the bureau for patrol, investigations, and administrative sections within the Police Department; to coordinate assigned activities with other departments, divisions, outside agencies and the general public; and to provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the Police Chief.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any/all duties under the direction of the Police Chief to include but not limited to special projects.
- Manage, direct and evaluate the operation of one of two Bureaus, Field Operations or Specialized Services.
- Aid in the formulation and implementation of Police policies, procedures, rules, regulations and programs.
- Submit operational and administrative reports to the Police Chief.
- Evaluate work of subordinates and operational areas.
- Provide staff assistance to the Police Chief and serves as the Police Chief in his/her absence and as assigned.
- Submit annual budget proposal by forecasting funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Direct, coordinate and review the work of the assigned Bureau by meeting with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities and projects; monitor work flow, review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate activities with other departments, divisions, and outside agencies and organizations.
- Recommend assignments and disciplinary actions of all Bureau personnel.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Ten years of supervisory experience in sworn municipal police work or an equivalent law enforcement agency, including at least three years in an administrative capacity.
Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in police science, law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, an appropriate valid driver's license and ability to maintain insurability.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within one year from date of hire, a Law Enforcement Certificate issued by the State of North Carolina.
This position is subject to pre-employment polygraph and/or CVSA testing.
From the time of closing, the hiring process is anticipated to last 2-3 weeks. The selection process will consist of an Assessment Center and Chief's Interview. The anticipated Assessment Center dates are May 2nd and May 3rd. The selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background investigation, driving history check and polygraph and/or CVSA to be conducted by the Police Department.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AND FILED ONLINE AT:
433 Hay Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301