The City of Twin City is now accepting applications for the Chief of Police, serving as one of four full time police officers, focuses on the administrative, professional, and managerial work responsible for planning and directing the operations of the Police department. These operations include but are not limited to Patrol, Criminal Investigations, and Communications. Work involves general responsibility for the planning, development, and direction of all personnel, programs and policies. Administrative duties include budget development and administration, policy development, and personnel administration. The incumbent represents the department in working with other legal authorities, governmental agencies, and the media. Duties are estimated to be 65% patrol/police work, 35% administrative/community outreach. Work is performed under the general supervision of the City Commission and specific City Commissioner department head.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years POST Certified Police Officer
- Minimum 3 years Police Experience with an agency serving 5000 or fewer people preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business or Public Administration, Psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated progressive advancement in police leadership and
- 5 years or more additional experience maybe substituted for Bachelor's
All interested applicants should complete an employment application at the Twin City City Hall located at 112 South Railroad Avenue, Twin City, GA 30471. For more information, the interested applicants may contact City Clerk Constance Hughes at (478) 763-2695. A full job description can be found on the City’s website at www.twincityga.com/JobOpportunities.aspx
This job posting will remain open until filled.