Under minimal supervision, directs the planning, development, scheduling, implementation, and all operations of the Savannah Technical College Police Department. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs all campus police functions and serves as primary investigator of on-campus incidents reported to the campus police;
- Maintains rapport and effectively communicates with local police, fire and traffic departments regarding matters of concern to the college community (traffic, reports, crime, safety, etc.);
- Coordinates operational plans and developments with local and other law enforcement agencies;
- Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and makes adjustments as needed.
- Develops and presents in-service training and other educational programs;
- Maintains program for fire prevention and fire prevention equipment;
- Manages the college’s parking program;
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operations of the department;
- Monitors the activities of subordinate staff, to ensure compliance with College, TCSG, and applicable federal policies and procedures;
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information;
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures, and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the college and Police Department;
- Maintains knowledge of assigned program area and gives updates to management on services, operations, and projects;
- Serves as a member of the college’s executive team;
- Directs or serves on college committees, including the Behavior Assessment and Intervention Team;
- Attends civic and government meetings and events when applicable;
- Maintains Peace Officers Standards Training (P.O.S.T.) certification and weapons requirements;
This position requires the availability to work weekends, day, evening and morning shifts, with regular travel to any Savannah Technical College campus location in the service delivery area of Chatham, Effingham, Bryan, and Liberty counties.
• Associate degree or equivalent *and* a minimum of five (5) years law enforcement experience; *OR* seven years experience, with three years in a management or supervisory capacity.
• P.O.S.T. certification required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Supervisory Eupervisory experience in a college Campus Police Department
Requires sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, crouching, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The work is performed in campus buildings and outdoors where the employee is occasionally exposed to cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, and irritating chemicals. Valid driver’s license and insurability required. This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and psychological evaluation; P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officers are subject to random drug testing.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check and reference check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388 email@example.com.
Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.
Please note this job posting is opened until filled.