The City of Brookhaven, GA is seeking a Deputy Chief of Police. Brookhaven, is in northern DeKalb County directly northeast of Atlanta. In addition to its rich history and prime location, the City of Brookhaven offers all the best small-town amenities, where people help their neighbors, exceptional events bring residents together, and a variety of small businesses contribute to the City’s unique character. The diligence and dedication of the City of Brookhaven Police Department further support the excellent quality of life within Brookhaven, as the City is consistently ranked as one of the ten safest communities in the state of Georgia.
The Deputy Chief of Police reports directly to the Chief of Police and manages the daily operations of the department. The Deputy Chief is responsible for planning, administering and staffing all departmental activities and for the training of its personnel. The Deputy Chief oversees the enforcement of all laws within the City’s legal jurisdiction and ensures efficient and effective delivery of police services to residents throughout the community. Brookhaven’s Deputy Chief also supervises the activity of subordinate staff in the department, provides feedback and general direction to staff, and investigates complaints of misconduct and substandard service delivery. The Deputy Chief oversees state certification, budget and policy development and promotional processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice or a closely related field and at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible department-wide experience in local law enforcement and police administration, with command level experience; a Master’s Degree in criminal justice, public administration, or a directly related field and specialized training is preferred.
- Georgia State P.O.S.T. certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire
- Residency within a maximum of 45 minutes driving time from city limits.
- Demonstrated experience with community and business engagement expertise, budget and policy development experience, service in a locality with a diverse population, full-service police department experience and demonstrated ability to foster future leaders also beneficial
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred
Salary for this position will be determined by experience and is expected to fall within the $79,000 - 127,000 range along with a generous benefits package. The City of Brookhaven is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org