Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight years sworn law enforcement experience and at least five years of direct supervisory experience; Must be POST certified or obtain certification within one year of appointment
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university or two years' college coursework and a minimum of eight years sworn law enforcement experience at least five years of direct supervisory experience; Must be POST certified or obtain certification within one year of appointment
Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Advanced supervisory/management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, display initiative and keep complex records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Sound working knowledge in firearms operation and maintenance
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of needed tools and techniques appropriate to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, hospital security and dispatch operations and related reports
- Ability to work independently, perform well under stress in a calm, efficient manner and exercise sound judgement
- Thorough knowledge of the civil and criminal codes of the state of Georgia, legal terminology, court procedures, U.S. Constitution, laws of arrest, evidence and criminal procedure
Must be POST certified or obtain certification within one year of appointment.
Bachelor's or Associate's degree from an accredited College/University or two years' college course work; Eight years sworn law enforcement experience in a university environment
The Police Captain manages and leads functions in the assigned division, performs technical/investigative/administrative work while directing assigned area, plans, coordinates and assigns and supervises personnel within assigned area. The incumbent is responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing leadership and career development paths to team member who report within the division. This position will interact on a consistent basis with senior level police leadership, officers and staff, Augusta University/AUMC employees, students, patients and visitors.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, lead, direct and evaluate staff to the assigned division; Develop work schedules for staffing deployment
- May formulate tentative budget information and requests, policies and regulations governing activities, submitting modifications and approval
- Completion of reports as requested by the Chief of Police regarding crime trends, threat assessments forecasting future needs for the university through the collection of criminal intelligence and analysis of current criminal conduct
- Provide that all reports and correspondence are complete and accurate for final approval; Plan, direct and participate in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of records and reports
- May manage the development and implementation of Incident Action Plans for special events
- Research, analyze, evaluate and implement best and promising practices in police procedure, new technology, new equipment and new tactics
- In coordination with the Division of Professional Standards, ensures staff within division are effectively trained through career development, roll call, practical exercises and in-service training in all aspects of their job functions
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned
Pay Grade: 20
Salary: $55,869/Annually - $65,000/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 1/25/2019- Until Filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To Apply: www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/university/
For More Information: https://www.augusta.edu/police/