The City of Woodbury is seeking a Professional Law Enforcement Leader to be our next Chief of Police.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Criminal Justice, Police Administration, or related field.
- Must be Georgia POST Certified.
- Must have ten years of law enforcement experience with increasing levels of responsibility, to include at least five (5) years of management/command level experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be familiar with the GACP State Certification process.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Criminal Justice, Police Administration, or related field.
- Advanced law enforcement training such as the Georgia Law Enforcement Command College, FBI National Academy, Southern Police Institute, Columbus State University Command College, Professional Management Program, Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command or other similar courses.
The City of Woodbury offers a full benefits package to include medical and dental insurances, retirement plan, vacation, and sick leave.
Please send your resume and salary requirement to Steve Ledbetter at mayorsoffice@cityof woodburyga.gov or mail your package to City of Woodbury, PO Box 297, Woodbury GA 30293, Attention: Steve Ledbetter, Mayor.
Questions regarding the job requirements should be directed to Mayor Steve Ledbetter at mayorsoffice@cityof woodburyga.gov or (706) 553-2011.
Woodbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer.