The Georgia World Congress Center is currently seeking a Police Major to join our team. The Police Major of Public Safety shall be responsible for organizing and directing police and law enforcement related activities and general administration work in planning, organizing and assisting the activities of the Georgia World Congress Center campus, to include, Mercedes Benz Stadium and Centennial Olympic Park. Additionally, the Police Major shall be responsible for assisting with public safety issues, security of the premises, event requirements, criminal investigations, training and intelligence and such other duties and functions as required by the Director of Public Safety/ Chief of Police. Position reports to the Director of Public Safety/ Chief of Police.
Successful employees at the Georgia World Congress Center Authority embody our four core values- to be one, to be honest, to be stewards, to be dynamic – and share our vision to be the #1 convention, sports, and entertainment destination in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the development and implementation of police programs for the Georgia World Congress Center Authority.
- Coordinates activities with other agencies, police departments, sheriff departments and state and federal agencies.
- Assist with the maintenance, communication and coordination channels with adjacent facilities, Fire Department, Police Agencies and other law enforcement agencies involved with event or building activity.
- Analyzes problem areas of public safety; creates solutions to resolve problems within the public safety function.
- Prepares information on traffic problems; sets up special traffic projects; receives complaints from citizens on traffic or neighborhood problems.
- Reviews occurrence reports, disciplinary memos and internal investigations prior to submission to Director of Public Safety.
- Assists in the annual campus zone budget preparation.
- Oversees budget and training schedule for campus zone to include the uniform patrol division, bike team and facility precincts. .
- Such other duties, functions, special projects as assigned by the Director of Public Safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing teams with a history of world class success
- Excellent planning, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
- High degree of integrity and compliance
- Thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership to the assigned unit in the areas of motivation, positive influence and personal challenge.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal criminal and civil laws, departmental policies and procedures, and police standard operating procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to create timely and accurate spreadsheets, documents and PowerPoint presentations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, or other related field
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in dealing with the public under normal and abnormal conditions and in working under emergency conditions, (i.e., accidents, civil disturbances, bomb threats, etc.)
- Minimum of nine years sworn law enforcement experience, with a minimum of six years supervisory experience, and two of those supervisory years as a police Captain or an equivalent position.
- NIMS 300 & 400 preferred
- Experience and knowledge of WebEOC
- Experience with law enforcement related technology
- Current Georgia P.O.S.T. Certification in good standing
To learn more about our culture and campus, visit us at www.gwcca.org.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such does not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or on terms or conditions of employment because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, eligibility for military service, disability, or for any other illegal purpose
To Apply: Apply via http://www.gwccajobs.com/
Job Contact Email: email@example.com