Assistant Chief of Police
Tifton Police Department
City of Tifton
Salary: $67,500 (Depends on Qualifications)
The City of Tifton is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Chief of Police for a growing, strong department. The city is looking for an effective leader who is committed to highly professional and progressive policing with knowledge of best practices in the profession. The candidate should possess the ability to effectively engage and build trust with the employees and citizens of the community.
The Assistant Chief would provide shared leadership and vision to approximately 45 officers and 5 civilian employees. Largely, the sworn personnel are patrol oriented. The department also offers support features such as Criminal Investigations Division, Crime Suppression Unit, K9, School Resource Officers and parking enforcement.
The Assistant Chief would be in direct supervision of the Chief of Police. The Assistant Chief of Police is responsible for the co-management, support of for the Chief and innovative operations of the Tifton Police Department. This position is a vital team member to the Police Department and contributor to the growing community.
The ideal candidate would need to possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills. This person would need to show commitment to partnering with staff and the community, with a background that demonstrates success in working with the community to engage partnerships.
- Partner with the Chief in developing and implementing short and long-range goals and objectives for the department
- Ensure maximum training opportunities for individual growth for the officers
- Provide positive managerial leadership for the department and direct the selection, supervision, training and evaluation of staff
- Serve as a representative of the city, department and community
- The possession of a college degree from an accredited college or university, baccalaureate degree preferred
- Three to five years experience to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department
- Must possess knowledge of the best practices in policing
- State of Georgia POST certified
How to Apply
Current resumes will be electronically sent to: Emily Beeman, HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org along with three professional references. A City of Tifton online application must be completed as well. For more information visit the City of Tifton’s job postings at www.tifton.net. Open until filled.
EEOC: WE CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARDS TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX (INCLUDING PREGNANCY, GENDER IDENTITY, AND SEXUAL ORIENTATION), NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY OR GENETIC INFORMATION. THE PRESENCE OF A NON‐JOB‐RELATED MEDICAL CONDITION OR HANDICAP, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.