Associate degree *and* Five (5) years’ experience *OR* Seven (7) years of experience in law enforcement *and* Two (2) years of administrative and supervisory experience. P.O.S.T. certification.
Bachelor’s degree with five years’ law enforcement supervisory level experience; preferably at the chief level.
- Provides management and leadership in the college’s campus Safety Security Office. Responsible for the organization, direction, supervision and day-to-day operation of the department.
- Responsible for the overall management of the security and public safety program on multiple campuses and at off-campus sites in support of the education, research, public service and residential activities of students, faculty, staff and members of the general public;
- Maintains Peace Officers Standards Training (P.O.S.T.) certification;
- Responsible for the supervision of other police officers and safety personnel;
- Presents in-service training and other educational programs;
- Coordinates operational plans and developments with local and other law enforcement agencies;
- Maintains program for fire prevention and fire prevention equipment;
- Manages and oversees financial/budget operations of the department;
- Monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures;
- Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information;
- Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedure and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the program;
- Maintains knowledge of assigned program area and gives updates to management on services, operations, and projects;
- Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and makes adjustments as needed;
- Maintains up-to-date with policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may impact department initiatives;
- Serves as primary investigator of on-campus incidents reports to the campus police;
- Communicates with local police, fire and traffic departments regarding matters of concern to the college community (traffic, reports, crime, safety, etc.);
- Serves on campus committees when requested; attends civic and government meetings when applicable;
- Manages the institution’s parking programs.
- Oral and written communication skills; Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and criminal procedures;
- Knowledge of campus safety and security procedures;
- Knowledge of POST mandated training requirements;
- Knowledge of the Clery Act and Knowledge of Behavioral Intervention Teams and/or Threat Assessment
- Leadership and supervisory skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs;
- Decision making and problem solving skills;
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public;
- Skill in the training of personnel
Salary commensurate with education and work experience. Benefits include paid state holidays, paid annual and sick leave, and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Only those who are interviewed will be notified of the status of the position. Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment evaluation, criminal background investigation, pre-employment drug screening, and motor vehicle screening.
Southern Crescent Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX/Equity Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center), Assistant Director of Student Services, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7382; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Griffin Campus, Butts County Center, Henry County Center, and Jasper County Center) Special Services Coordinator, 501 Varsity Road, Mobile Unit 6B, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7258; Title IX/Equity and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator (Flint River Campus) Special Services Coordinator, 1533 Highway 19 South, Room A-252, Thomaston, GA 30286, 706-646-6224. (Employee complaints), Director of Human Resources, Human Resources, 501 Varsity Road, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-229-3454. Any complaints filed against the Title IX/Equity Coordinator or ADA/Section 504 Coordinator on any campus/center shall be handled by, Vice President for Student Affairs, 501 Varsity Road, Room 700, Griffin, GA 30223, 770-228-7348.
*Position is open until filled*