Job ID 237835
Location Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Assist in managing and directing Police Services Department consisting of all uniformed Police Officers, Communications Officers and Service Officers by managing materials, equipment and personnel to provide a safe campus. This position has been identified by Federal Law (Jeanne Clery Act) as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), with significant student and campus responsibilities. CSA 's are obligated to report crimes reported to them which occurred on campus, in public areas bordering campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University.
• Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
• Work on call
• Supervise all Sergeants to ensure all policies, procedure and guidelines are followed
• Appear and testify in campus judicial and court hearings
• Supervise Service Officer Program (student officers who provide escort services) to include hiring, terminating and scheduling of work hours
• Manage performance
• Serve as Shift Sergeants in event of prolonged absence
• Provide routine patrol functions
• Coordinate and schedule officers to work special events as requested
• Manage and maintain materials and equipment
• Bachelor's degree
• Three (3) or more years of related work experience
• Supervisory experience
• One (1) or more years experience with GCIC operations, rules and regulations
Other Required Qualifications
• Georgia P.O.S.T (Peace Officer Standards and Training) Certified as a basic law enforcement (police) Peace Officer
$50,000 - $52,302
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
• Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work well in a diverse environment
• Ability to proficiently use police equipment including vehicle, weapon, baton, and Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) spray
• Conduct research via internet and access data in police records management system, Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) database
• Ability to solve problems and think creatively to manage tense situations courteously and tactfully
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
• Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and determine proper course of action
• Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
• Knowledge of Georgia Crime Information Center, National Crime Information Center facilities and services
• Knowledge and/or experience with State Certification process and procedures
• Knowledgeable about Georgia Law and office policies and procedures
• Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
• Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
• Proficiency in developing spreadsheets for reports
Apply Before Date
February 11, 2022
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
• Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
• Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
• Proof of a valid Georgia driver’s license with a suitable DMV record
• Must be able to successfully pass Departmental background check including:
- Driver's history
- Criminal history
- Georgia P.O.S.T.
- Drug screening
- Psychological exam
- Physical Agility test
- Computer Voice Stress Test
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
• Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Required to walk, stand, and/or sit for extended period depending on assignment
• May be required to subdue, restrain, and arrest combative suspects
• Work schedule is shift work based on needs of University and may include days, nights, weekends, holidays, and include special events
• Subject to be called back to work as situations warrant, sometimes working extended hours
• Required to work in all types of weather
• Work performed in indoor and outdoor environment
• Maneuver up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
• Work beyond 40 hour workweek including nights, weekends and holidays
• Work on call
Standard, Education and DMV
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University’s academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2767912